Monday, January 10, 2022

I'm Just Maintaining Man, I'm Just Maintaining

I think I stumbled upon an epiphany the other day.

So I complained here on WAF about not having the time to get around to go through my stuff.  So on this other day I pull out my computer to do two things: Go through my e-mail, most of which is junk, and catch up on status update on Facebook.  That has been my routine for a while now, and while I have noted in myself levels of frustration doing these two, well, chores, I didn't realize, until this other day, that I could instead be spending the time going through my stuff.  But I can't.  Because otherwise the e-mails and the Facebook status updates will continue to pile on, and then where would I be?

And that's where I realized I'm not really, you know, advancing.  I'm just maintaining.  There is stuff I could take care of, but I'm too busy making sure that the things I have deemed a higher priority are ... uh, in the state I want them to be in, if that makes any sense.  And that's too bad, because as long as I am maintaining -- as important as that is in a practical sense -- I'm not advancing.  I'm not getting around to the things that have been piling up for years.  I'm not getting around, specifically, to the stuff that I need to either sort through or get rid of.

And so I find myself spinning my wheels, with a bunch of stuff in the middle of the living room that I swore I would get to but can't because I have crap to do on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment