Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A $240 Mistake? Really?

So it took an extra day, but they were done flushing the concentrated antifreeze out of my car Monday evening, and so I swung by yesterday/Tuesday morning to pick it up.  Everything works fine, and I have no anxiety while driving it ... well, at least not yet.

However, I should have looked at my bill.  The whole shebang cost me $240.  Really?  I just took a quick perusal/Google search and the maximum, the maximum, I see quoted for such a job is $200.  Worse than that are the line items.  I see one thing, talking about "flushing" with "additives" and "cleaners" for just over $100, and then I the next item is "perform cooling system flush with cleaner and additive."  That's the same damn thing!

I know it's good to have a full-time job so I don't really need to sweat every single cost I see.  But for God's sake, this looks like a ripoff.  So now I'll have to call them tomorrow to see what this is all about.  Man, I pour into my car undiluted coolant and it costs me that much money?!  Shit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment