Sunday, January 30, 2022

You Lied To Me, Burger King

So, as one of my stripper girlfriends is here cleaning the house in time for Chinese New Year, I decided I was going to use the offer I got through T-Mobile Tuesdays to buy Burger King for dinner.  I told ****e* that and I offered to buy her some food, to which she accepted.  I made sure I found a BK that was open for drive-thru by the time I could get out the door.  I found one, put my order in, used the free food code, and paid through my phone.

And then, lo and behold, once I got there, the damn place was closed.  Not even drive-thru.  It said both on the website and the app that they closed at 11.  I even drove up to the drive-thru window and saw they had hours stating that its drive-thru closed at midnight on Saturdays.  But no one was there.

I understand the pandemic has encouraged many people to quit their jobs because those jobs are too dangerous, and it has morphed into a "Great Resignation" where people are re-evaluating their jobs and deciding to quit for other reasons.  On the drive-thru speaker, next to a paper sign saying they'll open at noon, they also had a "due to a lack of workers, wait times to get your food will be much longer" sign.  I understand all of that, I really do.  And yet I don't think it's too much trouble to update your goddamn hours on your fucking website and application, for crissake, so you don't fuck people who ordered through your app.

So now I have to go to this BK when they open tomorrow and get them to credit me for the charge to my card and/or dispute this charge with my credit card company once the statement comes.  (I'm already disputing another charge; if I haven't blog posted about it yet, I will.)  And this is why I was initially hesitant of getting apps and purchasing things online: You're not guaranteed the products or services you bought through a device while you're physically miles away from the place from which you'll get that product or service.  This is the worst-case scenario.  And I don't quite know what to do in order to get un-fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment