Thursday, January 20, 2022

Bad Food And Drink

I got hit with the grocery shopping bug Monday night, when I had the jalopy loaner car.  I went to Cub Foods because (well, among other things) I wanted to broaden my cocktails.  I decided to buy cranberry juice because I thought that it could double as another non-alcoholic drink I could, uh, drink if I didn't want alcohol.

Bad decision.  I was thirsty Tuesday night and reached for the cranberry juice, and the damn thing is blood-colored swill.  Now, only after perusing the juice aisle that I saw that not all cranberry juices are alike.  There is cranberry juice "cocktail" and cranberry juice "blend," both of which add other stuff like sugar and apple juice.  I didn't want those because I think the cranberry juice required in cocktails like the cape codder and the cosmopolitan has to be pure cranberries with nothing added.  Well, after taking several sips, I see why sugar and apple juice needs to be added, because pure and unadulterated cranberry juice is just about undrinkable.  And I bought 32 fluid ounces of it.  Hope it tastes better in a cocktail.

Around the same time I drank the cranberry juice -- which was after work, by the way -- I also had cereal.  I had my lactose-free milk, and I used two boxes of generic cereals my parents bought.  One looked bland, so I thought I would even that out by combining that with a cereal that looked extremely sugary.  Big mistake.  I don't know if I ever had bad cereal before (there was one time when I was really young that in my Rice Krispies I saw an insect that was long, very tiny, and had a lot of legs), but damn, this was it.  Each cereal seemed to bring out the worst in each other; the friggin' bowl of cereal managed to be both bland and sugary.

I don't remember any time in my life when I consumed back-to-back things that were so terrible they were inedible.  Made some stupid bad choices when it came to what I put in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment