Sunday, January 2, 2022

Yeah, I'm Taking In The Minivan

I haven't tried driving the minivan since trying it around the block Christmas Eve -- have I blog posted about this yet? -- but I still am afraid that the radiator isn't good.

I have gone back-and-forth about this, but just for my piece of mind, I am going to cradle the van over to The Mechanic Around The Corner tomorrow and ask them to take a look at it.  I will do this (well, unless I totally change my mind between now and then ) while not totally believing those guys have my best interest in mind.  It's a crappy vehicle, but it reliably runs.  So I wonder whether they'll use its superficially decrepit state to say that, say, I need a new radiator when in fact I don't.  Not to say that I know it doesn't need a new radiator.  But after going to them the last time I went (for a busted starter in my main car) and seeing them without masks and not taking my discount, I don't completely trust them.  (Have I blog posted about that yet?)  I would go try someone else if I feel as though I could drive my car farther than I trust driving it right now.  But since it's the damn radiator I'm afraid of, I can only drive it so far.  I'm just glad I have enough money that I can deal with getting ripped off if they do.  I hope I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment