Thursday, November 3, 2022

These Are, And Were The Last Beautiful Days Of The Year

On Saturday I jetted off to St. Paul to watch the St. Thomas men's soccer team.  It was, I want to say, in the upper sixties by the time the Match ended, but as soon as I sat down on the bleachers, the sun, the autumn sun, was beating down on me so hard that I took off the hooded sweatshirt I was wearing.  I thought it would be warm enough for me to do that.

I went to a recommended waffle place north of campus after the Match.  On way back to my car, and getting out of my car to get to the Match, I saw the sun glinting through and sparkling up the trees around the area, most of them with their leaves still attached to their branches, all of them in vibrant and deep red, orange and yellow colors.  The was a slight but consistent breeze that afternoon, and when it gusted to the point where it tore some leaves from its branches, it dappled through the air before hitting the pavement, and it stirred a kind of, well, beauty and grace in me.  I had to stop and take a picture at the beautiful perfection I was looking at.

Aside: I have mentioned many times on this blog that I much prefer cloudy, even overcast skies with temperatures in the fifties.  Still do.  However, Saturday was (wind excepted) a beautiful fall day.  It was great walking underneath the sun.  Confession: I'm starting to really like the sun.

Unfortunately, the meteorologists believe that today's/Thursday's weather, with skies turning cloudy and temperatures punching through the seventies again (yesterday/Wednesday set a record high for November 2), will be The Last Great Day Weather-Wise In Minnesota before it gets colder and more raw.  Granted, they have said that on at least two occasions before, only for temps to climb past 60.  But I guess they mean it this time.  And hey, this is November; it's supposed to get cold around these parts.

So, enjoy this day while you can.  Be free and enjoy nature before nature shuts down for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment