Wednesday, November 30, 2022

So I work for a new crew this morning for the Wild Game tomorrow/Thursday.  I finally hooked into this production company; unfortunately, I had to surprise my boss with a second day off (I had asked for today/Wednesday off for a few weeks, and I thought I would, you know, actually have this day off) on Monday.  Everybody's cool, I believe; that's not something I will take likely when it comes to loyalty to my job.

I do hope this is worth the sudden change to my main job.  I have the usual anxieties: New people, new environment (will I be outside most of the time?  It's going to be cold today), new venue when it comes to working in the capacity I'm working (I have been up in the press box a few times but that was years ago when I was doing radio and freelancing, so I'll need to figure out where everything is again), etc.  I have to hope that the people I work for aren't assholes.  And on top of all that, I have driving on the roads to worry about.  I think it'll be OK because the snowstorm we suffered through yesterday/Tuesday (I think we got just over four inches here even though other places in the Twin Cities got twice that) finished up for evening rush, so I have to believe the highways are going to be alright come morning, but the temperatures are going to go below freezing, so I'm scared that there will be slick spots I'll encounter if I'm not careful, or slow.

So I hope I make a good impression.  And I hope I don't screw this up.  And I hope I can work on my computer in my downtime with these people.  And I hope I don't regret doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment