Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Lot Of Staring At My Phone

Maybe I usually do this anyway, but I have noticed lately that I have just laid on my bed and have gone through my phone for up to an hour at a time.  I could be doing chores or taking care of my hygiene, but instead I am just staring at my phone.  I am sapped of energy by the time I get home; it may be because of work or because of the end of Daylight Saving Time, I don't know.  But I don't have the juice to do something else.  But when I'm on my Twitter, or I'm reading something on my cell, I'm ... transfixed by it.  I feel as though I don't have the energy to wash my clothes or do the dishes, but I do have the energy to just scroll or doomscroll or what have you.  And while other people may feel rejuvenated after doing something they like, I get no energy boost after I am able to jerk my sight away from my phone.  I am still as tired as I was when I laid my eyes on my screen.  My body was just telling me I needed to go eat, or pee, or something else.

Tonight was a perfect example.  I had to go to the library, I needed to go grocery shopping, and I wanted Taco Bell for dinner.  Once I did all that, I went into my bedroom, looked at my phone, and just veged for an hour or so.  Meanwhile the blender and cup is still in the sink and my stuff remains bagged up in the living room.  But those things can wait.  They can always wait.  Because these days, I don't want to do anything else except stare a lot at my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment