Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Goddamn You, Blizzard

We have had several inches of snow already, but for the first time in a long time (if not ever), that occurred over, like, a week straight.  This morning we're getting our first goddamn blizzard, and motherfuck, the worst of it is aiming straight at the Twin Cities.  At first this dead bullet (by which I mean the worst of it; this snowstorm was going to give us some of the white stuff) was going to miss us to the east and north.  But I just saw the rerun of the 10 p.m. news and it's now hitting us right in the fucking eyes right here.  And it went from 2-4" to ... what, 5-7"?

I now have anxieties all over the goddamn place.  Foremost is getting to work on time and in one piece, and then getting home in one piece.  The heaviest of the storm begins around the time I start off for work.  Beyond that, I have taken a gig running for Thursday's Wild Game, and I'm working tomorrow/Wednesday as well as Thursday.  I'll post all my other fears in my next blog post this time tomorrow, but I can tell you right now I'm scared I'll get into an accident on my way to St. Paul for this job.  All the elements are there: First time with this new company, first time working production regarding this team, first time working such a gig on the other side of the river, etc.  Yeah, the snowstorm could have hit Wednesday instead of today, but still, I'm afraid it's going to be awful.

Goddamn you, blizzard.  I might not survive you, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment