Thursday, November 24, 2022

Addendum To: This Is How Much I Love Sports

So far, so good.  Got up at around 3, even though I initially didn't know why I was waking up so early, and I had to lie in bed for several minutes while and feel my heart beat really hard several times; I think I finally conked off at 1 in the morning.  Bought donuts and got to the Black Hart in the nick of time.

As of press time I am still awake.  Not even drowsy, although I don't think I'm 100% alert.  Still, even though I thought about it, I probably will stick to my original plan of watching 2 1/2 Matches here before splitting right at Halftime of Portugal-Ghana.  Even after picking up a big turkey lunch (something that has become a tradition for myself), I should be able to get home by the start of the Bills-Lions Game.  If I have enough energy to put rub on the pork chops and squeeze some lemon juice for the cocktail I plan on making for myself tonight, I'll do it, but if I immediately feel like going to sleep, I'll do that, too.  I wish I were a soccer warrior, but I don't think I can tough out a World Cup Thanksgiving quadruple-header in the same place all day, especially since there are, like, six customers here now when there were, no joke, about 20 for the 4 a.m. Match this morning.  The crowd here has been dwindling, and that's another sign I should take it easy on my body and finally rest on this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment