Sunday, November 27, 2022

Doin' The Quad!!!!

OK, I am here at the Black Hart.  As I type this, I am between the second and the third Match today.  My energy feels good, although, like on Thanksgiving, I wonder if I am going to crash come 1 p.m.'s marquee Matchup between Spain and Germany.

What I am surprised about, and maybe I shouldn't be, is how full I feel right now.  I thought I could, like, graze my way through the day.  So I bought donut holes for the (what turned out to be) two dozen people who braved the 4 a.m. Game between Japan and Costa Rica and paid for coffee.  Before the second Match, Belgium-Morocco at 7 a.m., I went out and wanted to get Hardee's, but they were not open yet, so I went through the McDonald's drive-thru instead.  Haven't had their hotcakes (with sausage) in a long time, and it was nice.  But then I ordered a spicy Bloody Mary.  That was around 7, just before the start of the Game, and I am still working on it.  I didn't think three small-ish pancakes and one sausage patty could fill me up, but it has.  Damn, I feel fat.  I might be able to have one more cup of coffee, just so I can stay awake, and I might eat more donut holes because no one appears to be eating the last half of the box, but I guess I will not be having a hot dog and chips and a beer, like I planned on.  Oof, I feel fat.

Hope to Buddha I get through watching all four Matches here!!  Wish me luck!!

---

Aside: With me doing this, it appears the plan I once had of watching the NFL and either getting pizza or making something at home at least on one Sunday will go by the wayside.  I had chances earlier this season, but I think I didn't then because I was called into work then.  As much as that sucks, this one thing I want to do will probably have to wait till next year, and I justify not doing by thinking that it's not the World Cup or the upcoming family vacation at fault, but work.  Those two things are once-in-a-lifetime occurrences, while work could happen (even though I think it's going to stop once the company hires more people).  In this case, doing something that might not ever happen again trumps something that you do on an annual basis ... even though I don't remember if I ever just veged out over at least one NFL Sunday every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment