Monday, November 14, 2022

Winter Has Come, Dammit

While I was busy working and doing alum stuff, the weather forecasters determined that the first snowfall of the year is going to happen this morning.  Unlike previous years where our first snowstorm was a hit of a few inches, this one apparently is a long, dragged-out snow storm that will give us an inch or two at this time and then an inch or two at another time.

Regardless of how much falls and in what frequency, there is no worse driver on Earth than a Minnesota driver upon the first real snowstorm of the winter, and for that reason I am dreading like hell tomorrow.  Driving home is bad enough with slick roads and aggressive, stupid drivers.  But I plan on going straight to the U. for the men's basketball Game there early this evening.  I think I can take side streets from work to the U., and I know I can from the U. home.  But I am a Minnesota driver driving after the first real snowstorm of the winter, plus I'll be driving at night, so I could really, really suck.

Moreover, I have Tuesday and Wednesday off.  I have my annual on Tuesday, after which I want to see this hot Hooters waitress I think I have a good vibe with.  Wednesday I want to see Grandmother's friend, and then I might want to eat out, and preferably outdoors.  Oh, and I want to work out at the gym at least one of those two days, and preferably both.  They say it won't snow Wednesday, but we could another 1-2" Tuesday, and it'll be cold both days.  So I will be active on the road just as it starts to get treacherous.  Inevitable as winter is, I don't look forward to the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment