Thursday, February 15, 2024

And I'm Completely Lazy, Too

So a snowstorm hit last/Wednesday night, the first real one of the winter, actually (4 1/2 inches, according to the yardstick I used to get annually at the State Fair).  I am glad I postponed seeing my ATF at My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Version).  But does that mean I can't go out?

Well, actually, it should.  I still have so much shit lying around, and there's no telling when my parents are coming home.  So, I could have used this snowy night to pick up my things, read through old papers, organize and possibly throw away shit, you know?  But ... AMC Theatres is doing a smart thing by allowing its showplaces to screen art house films that have been nominated for Oscars.  Moreover, when they are screened (the thing is is that these movies are shown usually one day a week, one screening that day, and it appears as though the day is random until showtimes are released every Friday, and I am guessing this is only going on until the ceremony), it's only five bucks.  AMC sells tickets for $5 on Tuesdays, but for these art house flicks, it's $5 any day.  Last/Wednesday night they were showing The Holdovers, and even though it began to snow real hard over the evening and I missed the last ten minutes of The Conners, I'm glad I went because it was an excellent film.  The first time an Alexander Payne movie had heart, to be honest.

This decision, however, reinforces my epiphany that, even though I had six months of my parents being out of the house, I was never, ever going to get around to even beginning my grand plan of finally doing something about all the stuff I have accumulated.  Yeah, I spent an hour shoveling snow.  But I could have stayed home and looked through my shit.  Nope, I wanted to see a movie instead.  I am too unmotivated to do a damn thing until I absolutely have to.  And since I don't have to quite yet, that stuff is still going to be strewn everywhere around the house.

I'm a failure.  But I gotta be me, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment