Saturday, February 10, 2024

Goddamn Authenticator

I could be wrong, but right now, I think the Authenticator application sucks.  I downloaded the app when it looked as though both of my Hotmail accounts got compromised.  It seemed like a decent, simple and common sense way to protect the security of my e-mail accounts.

I don't know whether it's because I forgot my passwords or what, but I can no longer verify my identity through Authenticator like I could have when I initially started using it.  Right now I am, I guess, "awaiting review," whatever the fuck that means.  Man, I forget one password and I am now in two-step authentication jail.  And the ironic thing to all of this is that these applications I thought would secure my information is now trapping me.  If I stop using this app, do I lose all my info?

I think Authenticator said there is a waiting period of a month before ... uh, I don't know what happens after a month.  At any rate, next week this waiting period is over, at which point I ... fuck, I don't know.

Oh, another irony: I have one of my Hotmail accounts on my phone, and I still access that, no problem.  But when I try signing on through my laptop (which, by the way, I am bringing back to the computer repair shop today/Saturday), I go through the Authenticator hoops.  This type of "security" is so complicated that, at this point, I'm willing to risk getting hacked because it's so much easier to just live with bad security.  I'm serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment