Friday, February 2, 2024

Listened To My Body (For The First Time In A Long While)

Around 11 p.m. last/Thursday night ... well, my body told that I was really tired, and instead of staying up or blogging, I listened to my body which wanted me to go to sleep.  I held out the possibility that I wasn't as tired as I thought I was.  But I turned off the TV and the lights, pulled up the covers, shut my eyes ... and woke up around 4 this morning (about an hour ago as I type this), refreshed but still two hours away from my alarm clock waking me up.

It's been some time since I fell asleep before midnight.  It's also been some time, and probably the first time since my parents have been away, that I eschewed just doing my own thing and instead decided to pack it in.  Missed what were a few contestants I wanted to watch on After Midnight (that hybrid game show/talk show that I have been digging), and I missed my free slot pull on Zynga Poker for the first time in weeks if not months, so I'm back all the way down to Day 1/10%.  Also, this might throw everything off with my day; instead of being all focused at work (I've been working in The Fourth Department all week) because I slept early, I could be tired and dragging all day.  I'll try and go to bed after blogging this, and hopefully there are still some zzz's in me that I can capture.  All in all and right now, though, I am feeling quite good that I did listen to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment