Wednesday, February 28, 2024

And Now The Central Heat Is Scaring Me

We are in the middle of, oh, 36 hours of cold weather.  In this, The Winter That Isn't, we have had a few bouts of cold weather, which is fortunate (we'll set aside talk about how this really warm winter is a brutal sign of climate change for another time).

However, I have noticed more and more that whenever the central heat kicks in, it's getting noisy.  Like, really noisy.  This noise starts at the beginning of the cycle; unlike the tap-tap-tapping of one of the filters that I fixed by buying a new filter, there is this loud ... sound that I can't describe.  All I can say that it has gotten louder and louder every time it starts up.

I don't know what's the problem, no matter how much Internet sleuthing I do.  I guess I should look outside at the compressor to make sure, like, a dead rabbit isn't caught in the fan.  But if it's not obvious, I have no idea what to look for.  So I'll have to, ugh, deal with it.

Right now, as I type this, my heart is beating really fast.  I am scared I am getting poisoned by carbon monoxide.  I have a CO detector, and I think it works ... but does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment