Wednesday, February 21, 2024

I Should Be Happy Getting More Free Food, But I'm Not

So after making a 45-minute stop at My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Division) to see my ATF (it was that short because work had me stay late -- we get work a day after they're collected, and Monday was Presidents' Day so it was a federal holiday so we shouldn't have gotten much work yesterday/Tuesday -- but we did!!!), I went to the Mexican fast food place close by me that is not Taco Bell.  The prices for their items are way expensive, so I got two things for $13+.

Maybe the first indication something was amiss was that the cashier didn't give me my change back.  She eventually did, and then she shoved the bag of food at me -- totally fine.  So I go home and tear into the first thing I see, a softshell taco that seems as "deluxe" as the description on the drive-thru board said it was.  Then I reach for the other item I ordered, a quesadilla ... but then I notice that there is a clamshell package underneath the paper bag from which I took out what I think is the deluxe taco I ordered, both of which are in a plastic bag.  That's a lot of packaging for just two items.

And then I open up the clamshell -- and I see a taco bowl.  I did not order a taco bowl.  And then I opened up the paper bag and see that it's not empty.  Oh, no -- there are six more items in there, two which probably are deluxe tacos and three ... I think this place calls them chilitos, but they're basically cheesy roll-ups in tortillas.

So yeah, they screwed up.  This may be the first time in my life a fast food place screwed up my order in which they gave me more food by mistake.  I sure as heck wasn't going to leave my house to give back the food.  But honestly, I am very bummed and, dare I say it, overwhelmed that, after I ate the taco bowl and one of these "chilitos," I still had five things to eat.  I already had a plan for what I would eat the rest of the workweek, none of which involves spending any money to eat: I got hot dogs out of the freezer and bought hot dog buns, and I also bought two cans of soup with which I was going to add to rice I was going to make.  Now I don't know what to do now that I have two tacos and three chilitos I have to eat before they go bad.  And on top of that, I haven't the faintest idea how to reheat the tacos.  Do I really have to scrape off the lettuce, cheese and tomatoes before reheating the tortilla and the meat?  Gosh, that takes so long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment