Wednesday, October 23, 2013

House Got Broken Into This Afternoon

Had coffee after work.  Just got into my car to go home when I checked my phone.  "Private" left me a message, "Private" meaning my parents.  Called them while I was less than a mile from home.

Someone broke into our house.  They broke in from the basement, set off the alarm, looked around quickly downstairs, moved upstairs and got into my room before finally getting out of there through the front door.

So far as I can tell, the intruder(s) stole nothing.  I dropped my camera and tablet on the floor, and he or they didn't take them.  There's an old iPhone I threw in one of my drawers, and either they didn't see it or they overlooked it.  Shit, I have cash laying out on my desk, and even though they went through a couple of my desk drawers, he or they left the cash.  What they/he did do is open up a lot of drawers, turn over a long box of chocolate that he/they probably looked through thinking it was a jewelry box (Father thinks the person or people was or were looking for jewelry), take down and open up Grandmother's old jewel case (containing nothing but checks and notepads), and rifle through the receipts in my desk.  And while I don't like having our domicile invaded, I have to smile thinking that he or they left in frustration going, "Fuck, the only thing in there were a bunch of fucking papers!"

I regret not coming home sooner.  Apparently the alarm system called home and my parents around 4:30, where I was about a mile away from home.  Can't tell my folks, but if my car was in the driveway, he or they would have had second thoughts about coming in.  At least the only thing missing is a basement window that they smashed to get in.

If the police ever find you, we're nailing your fucking ass to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment