Thursday, October 24, 2013

So I'm starting work yesterday, and since our supervisor wasn't there at the top of the hour, I took it upon myself to get the key so we can get to work.  While getting it, one of my co-workers tells me, in a whisper but far enough away from me that, in order for me to hear her, spoke loud enough for people close by to hear, that she could see a "red spot" in my pants.

Yeah, I did feel that boil on my ass yesterday while sitting on my chair.  It was pretty bad, apparently.

My first thought was, "How dare she?!"  She's a weird bird.  She makes a lot of mistakes in her work.  She is very needy and helpless.  And she always blurts out questions from across the way, which is a problem because she never says, "Hey, Unforgivable Wetness!"  In fact, I don't think she knows my name, or the name of any of the other billers.

There is another girl there who joined the project the same day as I whom she goes to all the time.  She's great; in fact she's been so patient despite the fact that she has asked her questions so often, and she asks them not by walking up to her and saying, "Excuse me," but by turning around her chair and just shouting her question in her direction, as if she's supposed to know that she is speaking to her.  How arrogant of her.  If she was shouting at me, and if she kept shouting at me, I would have tuned her out by now.  It's probably a good thing I put my radio headphones on and project a negative social attitude as soon as I sit down.  I could not take her fucking questions because she's become so damn annoying.

Add to the fact that she has consistently fucked up her work even after she gets her stupid questions asked, however, and it makes me think twice about her saying that because she's being mean.  I don't think that was her intent, and I say that mostly because I don't think she's smart enough to be that cunning.  Now, she may not have cared if anybody else knew that there was a red spot in my pants, but she could have known that and still thought it was important for me to know.  That indicates she doesn't have, or doesn't care for, discretion.  That's a big difference from being mean.

What did I do?  Well, after realizing that I couldn't open my boss' drawers, and before I could think up another way of getting to our work, I thanked her.  I'm going to assume that she alerted me from a place of concern, not ridicule.  Hey, I have to see her every day.

Later, though, I went to the bathroom.  I underestimated how bad that spot was.  My boil seeped through my underwear enough that there indeed was a huge splotch on my khakis.  It is very conspicuous, and I could not use my shirt to hide it.  It was large enough for me to believe that if she had not told me, I would have felt burned when I finally saw it, either after I got home or even the next day, that no one had told me.

Guess this is getting to be a problem.  At least I now have health insurance to deal with it ... some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment