Sunday, October 13, 2013

NFL Anti-Picks, Week 6

Record, Week 5: 2-5
Overall Record: 12-20

Total Outlay, Week 5: $500.00
Total Winnings, Week 5: $301.40
Loss, Week 5: $198.60

Overall Loss: $471.38

Not a good week for me at all.  I feel really good that I was able to nail the Colts upset over Seattle -- hey, they're at home and they're a good team, what's not to like?  But at the very least I should've parlayed those two instead of two other two-leg combinations.  I was downright wrong on the Patriots, Lions and Chargers, so therefore I have dug a fairly deep hole.

---

Have to wake up in a few hours to go to work, so I may not know what I'm doing:

1) Kansas City -8 (OK, Covers has their Power Rankings, which may not be scientific at all, but it looks scientific, and that's all the matters, right?  Crunching their numbers, they say visiting Oakland should lose by 11.  So if the line is 8, I have to take K.C., no?  I'll try tracking this to see if this has any juice) $50

2) Philadelphia -2 1/2 (Although the Eagles are playing in Tampa Bay, and Michael Vick probably won't play, the Buccaneers are so in disarray that I don't think it matters.  I'll Best Bet this) $100

3) New York Jets -1 (Another Covers Power Rankings bet.  They host reeling, almost hapless Pittsburgh, and the site says the Jets should win by 4 1/2.  We'll see) $50

4) New Orleans-New England Over 50.5 (I know Tom Brady can put up points, even if he doesn't have great chemistry with his receivers yet.  I think Drew Brees will be able to do the same, even outdoors in Foxborough.  And neither defense is awesome.  This could be a great shootout like the one we had last week between Denver and Dallas) $50

5) Put your money where your mouth is, Covers: 1) with 3), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment