Friday, October 18, 2013

The Four Passive-Aggressive Things He Said To Show Me He's Superior To Me


  1. "He's my go-to stats guy."
  2. "If it's a sack, we'll call it out."
  3. "We're all in the same truck."  (The more I think about it, the more this really irks me.)
  4. "If you don't make it back by opening kickoff, don't worry about it."  (He knew I wasn't going to make it back, didn't he?  Wouldn't that be information I would like to know?
---

Yeah, I was copping attitude.  I should have not been so frustrated.  I was not a model employee.  But does that excuse his behavior?  I don't think so.  He can get away with it not because I popped off to him, but because he is a superior.

So, no, I have no control over whether I will continue to be hired by these guys, and that's why I continue to obsess over this.  They could totally say, "Oh, I don't know what happened to him, but there are other guys, and I like them more, so we'll hire them instead."  And it's totally within their right, and that means I will lose a lot of opportunities to burnish what I like to believe is a career.  OK, so it's not full-time or anything, but I still would like to work for this company.  Just without the attitude and the passive-aggressive bullshit like those comments above, that's all.

And ooh, there's that other guy, totally shouting about the banners with that guy!  I was right there.  You see, if you get mad about the banners, you would be mad towards me because I put up the banners.  But do you tell me, or even just yell at me?  No.

Maybe they're just going to let it go.  I could be totally blowing this out of proportion.  Shit, man, hopefully I'm blowing all of this out of proportion.  Maybe he didn't mean the things he said ... well, no, I'm pretty sure he did.  But maybe he doesn't give a shit, so I'll be hired back anyway.  The problem is is that I won't know for at least a month.  The waiting's the hardest part.  Maybe things will blow over.  Maybe I'll be able to forget and not blog about it by then.  This is absolute fucking torture.

Shoot, and if these guys find out about it ... well, now you know.  What are you gonna fucking do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment