Saturday, October 12, 2013

College Football Anti-Picks, Week 7

Record, Week 6: 1-3
Total Record: 16-14
Total Outlay, Week 6: $300.00
Total Winnings, Week 6: $190.90
Loss, Week 6: $109.10
Overall Gain: $210.35

Did not notice until I moved my cursor to the "Total Outlaw" line that I didn't have to, because I had calculated the same number, as well as the same "Total Winnings" line, from the week before.  Didn't realize that I wagered the same amount and won the same amount.  Luckily I was saved from total failure because my loss was so small my current overall payroll was able to absorb the hit.  Still trending downward, however.

---

I feel I have a better understanding of this Saturday's game, so I'm going to break the $300 limit the past two weeks and bet on some more games:

1) Nebraska -14 (The Cornhuskers are underwhelming and they are on the road, but Purdue may very well be the worst team in the Big Ten) $50

2) Michigan St. -10 (Banking that visiting Indiana has overlooked this game after upsetting Penn St. at home last week) $50

3) Baylor -18 1/2 (OK, I have just read that the Bears are currently the most surefire team in college football betting.  They have covered the last 10 games.  They are on the road against underachieving Kansas St., but what the hell, I'm getting on the bandwagon -- and making this a Best Bet) $100

4) Baylor-Kansas St. Over 73.5 (I have also heard that Baylor has gone Over the total in, like, 23 of its past 26 contests.  Sure, I'll bite on that one too, and I'll also make it a Best Bet) $100

5) Kentucky +27 (They say Alabama this year isn't as good as Crimson Tide teams of the past.  Plus, the Wildcats are playing this one at home.  Why not another scare for the top team in the land?) $50

6) UNLV -8 1/2 (I also read somewhere -- where and when I don't remember -- that the Runnin' Rebels have won their past four [since their season-opening loss to Minnesota].  Seeing as they are also home to Hawai'i, and I can see them winning by ten points or so.  Shoot, why don't we Best Bet this?) $100

7) Texas A&M -6 1/2 (Trends favor the Aggies over host Ole Miss) $50

8) Parlay 2) with 7), for no good reason, for $50.

9) Let's double down on Baylor: Parlay 3) and 4), also for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment