Monday, October 7, 2013

The Ax Fell ... On Someone Besides Me

Well, after feeling that I was pretty safe in my job, I come back for a fresh week of work today to see that two of my fellow temps were, for all intents and purposes, fired.  They were part of the four girls comprising this "second wave" of billers, and apparently they didn't meet production.

I had no idea how well they were doing.  In fact, I don't think I have spoken with any of this "second wave," and I did not speak with either of the two canned employees.  But I show up today to start my day, and we lost them.

I had thought that not only I but all of us were safe.  My boss did mention to this "second wave" before we all left Friday that not all of us met production, but he said he would talk to his supervisors.  I thought that would buy time for those that didn't reach the magical number, but, well, that's not true.

Let me be honest: I think those four girls are kind of aloof, in fact pretty rude.  One of them wouldn't hold the door open for me when we came in to start the day one day last week.  And none of them has asked me for help with anything.  Maybe they don't need my help.  Or maybe they're bitches.  However, I feel for the two who lost their jobs.  I wonder when they learned that they were shitcanned.  And I wonder how they feel.  If they cried the rest of the day and night, I would totally understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment