Saturday, October 5, 2013

College Football Anti-Picks, Week 6

Record, Week 5: 1-4
Total Record: 15-11
Total Outlay, Week 5: $300.00
Total Winnings, Week 5: $190.90
Loss, Week 5: $109.10
Overall Gain: $319.45

Hmmm ... a huge comedown from the previous week.  My 6-0 record was helped along by a lot of luck, for those wagers were mostly hunches.  (The past few years my parents took a vacation at their places in Las Vegas around late summertime and would come back with a Doc's book.  Doc's is that wagering site, and this book had a long compendium of tips of matchups between teams with a history of playing each other.  It was far from perfect, but I relied on it a lot to make Anti-Picks previous years.  Well, they have yet to go to Vegas this year, and so I don't have the book.  And I kind of feel lost.)  My hunches this past week were, to say the least, errant.  At least I wagered so little that I still am in the black comfortably.

---

Taking a quick look through the first half of Saturday's games I can't get a read on nearly all of them.  This should be a small week:

1) Georgia -11 1/2 (Banking on the fact that host Tennessee is in the first year under Head Coach Butch Jones.  They are just going to get rolled by a pretty good team.  Hell, Best Bet this) $100

2) Minnesota +19 (I know, I know, the road Gophers looked like pussies as they got lambasted at home to Iowa.  But Michigan had problems putting away two programs that should be beneath them, Akron and UConn.  This means they play down to inferior opponents.  Add that Jerry Kill wants to make up for last week's bad performance, and it's possible that they cover) $50

3) Ohio St. -7 (It's Homecoming for Northwestern -- I think.  ESPN's there.  The Wildcats are a Top 20 team for the first time in a long time, and the team and its fans think they can get Top 5-ranked Ohio St. at home for the first time in a long time.  So it won't happen, will it?  Best Bet this) $100

4) Parlay the Best Bets, 1) and 3), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment