Friday, October 25, 2013

College Football Anti-Picks, Week 9

Record, Week 8: 3-8
Total Record: 21-29
Total Outlay, Week 8: $725.00
Total Winnings, Week 8: $402.85
Loss, Week 8: $322.15
Overall Loss: $520.90

Yeah, I took this week on the chin.  The day started promising when I picked Missouri to beat Florida outright, cashing in on the Against The Spread and Straight-Up wagers.  But it started off with me losing out on the Under on Texas Tech-West Virginia (which in retrospect was a very dumb play), and after nailing the Over on Akron-Miami (OH), I lost everything else.  Picking underdogs UCLA and Clemson, both ATS and SU, and then roping them into parlays, tripled up my losses.  So now I am in a huge hole rounding into November.

---

I was kind of desperate last week to climb out of my debt.  But all I did was dig myself deeper -- which means all I can do is get even more desperate.  Not necessarily desperate in throwing money at every game tomorrow, but instead I'm going to rely more on the trends Covers sees and betting a bit more recklessly.  Ah, who am I kidding, I'm betting fucking everything:

1) Iowa -3 1/2 (I don't understand what the Covers columnist meant, but apparently there are these layers of conditions, kind of like whenever Northwestern comes off a loss and the opponent has won their last four games during the day when it was really windy out or something, that indicate that odds are the Wildcats will lose this game.  Sure, OK, Best Bet this) $100

2) Miami -24 (Trends favor the Hurricanes and away from Wake Forest.  Also, this week Miami was largely spared of punishment from booster-related activities, and I think that'll give the 'Canes, who are playing at home, a lift of exhoneration) $50

3) Nebraska -10 (I would like to think that Minnesota turned the corner when upsetting Northwestern on the road, but the Cornhuskers have always beaten the shit out of the Gophers, and even though they'll be playing in Minnesota, there's nothing on paper that screams that this game will different) $100

4) N.C. St. +32 (They're in Florida St., who are very good.  But the Wolfpack have had a week to prepare, and the previous week the Seminoles crushed Clemson in Clemson.  Can you say emotional letdown?  And have you seen that line?  Triple Best Bet this) $150

5) Clemson -16 1/2 (They'll be at Maryland looking to get rid of the bad taste of losing at home to Florida St. in a nationally-televised game.  The Terrapins are not that good.  And all the trends favor the Tigers) $50

6) Tulsa -3 (A friend, who is starting up an odds website that I don't want to name yet, just published this on its facebook.  He's a friend; how can I not trust him?) $50

7) Wyoming +8 1/2 (My friend recommends this, too) $50

8) Missouri -3 (Trends favor the host Tigers, plus visiting South Carolina, with so many high hopes to begin the season, is on the precipice of a huge fall.  Best Bet this) $100

9) Georgia St. +14 (This Covers columnist, Marc Lawrence, has this stat that basically concludes that we all should fade host Louisiana-Monroe.  Best Bet this) $100

10) Arizona-Colorado Over 56 (Friend says this as well) $50

11) San Diego St. +7 1/2 (Trends favor the Aztecs.  They host Fresno St., one of the two remaining undefeated non-BcS teams this year [Northern Illinois is the other].  It would make sense if the Bulldogs go down, so Best Bet this Against The Spread ...) $100

12) San Diego St. M/L +249 (... and then bet them Straight Up) $50

13) Washington -28 (Even with the huge line, the Huskies host Cal, whom Lawrence says will get crushed because the planets are aligned.  Best Bet this, then cross your fingers) $100

14) Covers parlay: 1) with 9) with 13), for $50.

15) My friend's recommendations, parlayed together: 6), 7) and 10), for $25.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment