Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Early Evenings To Bed Costs Me On Mafia Wars

For the past several days I have been so tired after getting home from work that I have conked off very early in the evening, around 8:30.  While I am OK with listening to my body when it needs to shut down, it does throw my schedule off.  In particular, I would like to be able to stay up and watch the late-night TV talk shows, especially Letterman since he'll be good in several months.

It also prevents me from getting onto Facebook, and then onto Mafia Wars (yes, I still play it) and make sure I pick up my Daily Take before the game's new day starts, which is 2 in the morning Central Time.  They track how many days in a row you pick up the Daily Take, and there is supposed to be this big prize if you pick it up for a whole week.  Actually, I don't know if the prize at the end of seven days is much better than any of the previous six days, but I honestly felt a sense of accomplishment.  The little screen is gold, not black, and I felt proud enough of my consistency and dedication that, despite so many of my Facebook friends warning me not to invite them to play games, I at least Share My Take with them, even though I know of only one other person who still actively plays Mafia Wars.

Well, for the first time in many weeks, if not months, I missed a day, and that means I have to start all over again.  Fell asleep at 8:30 listening to both the Mild and the Goofer women's basketball teams on the radio losing (and they both did; both teams are good, but neither could afford a defeat the way each of their seasons are shaping up).  Woke up at a quarter to 2 and I had a fleeting thought that maybe I should get on and do the Daily Take on Mafia Wars.  But I truly thought that I had already done that.  Why?  Unlike recently, I actually had to stay up Monday night because the damn washing machine (with the long underwear I ruined with fabric softener) broke down to the point where I disassembled the whole thing and cleaned out the pump or the motor or whatever the fuck it is, I don't remember.  (ETA at 4:22 a.m. of the same day that I looked up a blog post where I fixed it before and it is indeed the pump.)  I did stay up to watch late-night TV.  But I woke up just a little before I had to head off to work.

A further complication happened after I got home from work today when the Internet started to go on the fritz.  (What's with all these electronic appliances breaking down?  Is it the cold?)  And then Mother wanted my help downloading some Groupon thing, which I'll have to get to tonight.  By the time I was done with all of that I was pooped.  That's when I fell asleep.

So now I've had to start over in Mafia Wars.  I'm awake, even though I should be up in a few hours.  And the Internet is still starting-and-stopping.  Masturbation was good while I did it, but now I am both bored and anxious, which is a very bad combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment