Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Darn Mosquitoes In The Fall

So I went out to the U. women's soccer team's game against Penn St. Friday (1-all draw, BTW).  Because it was packed -- it was Dollar Seat Night -- I decided to eschew the crowds and walk to the other side of the pitch to watch the game.  It was the Student Section, and since I had a student ID, I got in and could watch the game standing up from there.  More U. students filtered in throughout the match and so my vantage point got more obscured, but I still managed to enjoy the night.

Somewhat.  I should have remembered that mosquitoes love to hang out on grass.  Add that it was an unseasonably hot day, reaching a high of 84 degrees (though not humid, necessarily), and they were out in droves, feasting on me like a pig in a luau, for Christ sake.  I think I got bit at least a dozen times, and although I tried to resist, I finally couldn't help it and scratched all over my arms, hands, legs, and even my butt.  I now have bumps everywhere, and it's uncomfortable.

Wished I had the foresight to bring bug spray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment