Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Addendum To: OK, Lynx, I'll Give You Another Chance

So I did that usual dance where I weigh buying a ticket secondhand online vs. just going to a scalper at the event, similar to my angst over how to buy a ticket to the U2 concert.  Prices were dropping online, from about $87 to about $70 or so, yet that made me think I could get them even cheaper on the street.

But, I had thought last night that the Lynx would release more seats the day of the game, today.  That's what U2 did, unbeknownst to me, I believe; I could have purchased a floor ticket when they were sold out up to the day of the concert.  And, sure enough, when I looked several hours ago, a Star Tribune story about Game 5 being a sellout provided a link to a site that had more tickets than I had been able to find.  That site led me to an upper-level seat that, with fees, came out to about $55.  That is twice as much as the ticket I bought for last year's Game 5, but nevertheless I am giving the Jynx a chance, so I bought one.

I feel good holding out and not panicking.  So, if Jynx go on to lose tonight, I won't feel as bad as I would spending an extra ten or twenty bucks.  And by the way, at like last year, at the first sign I feel they're fucking screwed, I'm gone.  Don't care if that makes me a bandwagon fan; I will not be witness to such bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment