Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Car Really Is Breaking Down

Went to the Megamall today. While driving up to the coffeeshop, the oil level light came on not once, not twice, but three times. The first two times it turned itself off, but the third time, while I was on a side street, stayed on.

That scares the shit out of me. I had to pull over to the nearest gas station, by oil, and immediately put it in (well, only 200 mL, about a fifth of the tank). And when I started to drive it turned on fucking again. Finally, after reaching my desination, enjoying my coffee for about an hour and putting in another 100 mL of oil, I drove home free of the oppressive yellow light of the low oil level warning light.

This is it. This is the third time in a week where I put oil in the car because of the light. It's been coming on more frequently, for longer periods of time, and with less time between ignition and the start of driving. There's something wrong with the car, and I have to bring it in to see exactly what the fuck it is. Is it natural to eat up all that oil? Is there a leak? Or is it the sensor?

I hope I find this out before it's too late. I also hope I haven't fucked up my car all this time. And I hope I don't get gouged for having this problem fixed.

I need a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment