Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What Were Those Ducks/Geese Doing There?

I was driving down to do a survey Monday afternoon.  We're bucking it because this is a new, good highway.

So me and all the other cars are jetting down at 65-70 m.p.h.  I was in the second of what is a four-lane, I think.  I pass under a bridge ... and what do I see on the left lane?  There's a mother goose/duck leading her chicks across the lane!  Of a highway!!  With cars driving at them at 65, 70 miles per hour!!!  What the fuck was that mother duck/goose thinking???

I swerved one lane to the right.  There was another car cruising fast up to my left, on the same lane as where the chickees were.  Maybe if I slid over sooner, they wouldn't get hit.  Maybe it was that car that would've hit those poor geese/ducks, I don't know.  All I know is that I winced when I swerved, and that I saw what looked to be feathers flying through the air past where that suicide line of animals was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment