Sunday, June 6, 2010

I wanted to see the title sequence for the College Rugby Sevens Championship on NBC Sports. This is the first time college rugby is being broadcast on a major network, and for some reason I wanted to see the title sequence.

I had things I wanted to do yesterday, but then I saw that they were going to broadcast again today, so I stayed out. And I could've stayed home today, especially because I can breathe with Grandmother going out to gamble. But I was bored and wanted to treat myself after pruning the lilac bushes, so I thought I'd walk to the coffee shop after I finished.

Except that once I began pruning, I couldn't stop. I looked at the clock on the cellphone; it was 1:30, but I thought I could stay a little longer, then it was 1:45 and I gave myself a couple more branches to cut, and then I finally quit at 1:53.

I still can't believe it took me 20 minutes to walk down there; I thought it was only 15. That, combined with the fact that I left the house at 7 after 2, meant that I was at the coffeehouse for less than 10 minutes. I couldn't fuckin' relax. Shit, I should've just stayed home.

I began to run home, and I began to run some more because it started to rain. Luckily I kept my own promise to see the sequence in time; although I was sweating like a motherfucker, I got home at about 5 to 3, where I saw my parents' minivan.

Please don't bother me, please don't bother me, I thought. I knew it'd just be my luck that My Fucking Father would bother me just when the title sequence started. And I'll be goddamned that just before the title sequence began, I heard My Fucking Father walk up to my door and knock.

I refused to answer him immediately. "Gimme a second!" I demanded, and I made up an excuse 10 seconds later: "I'm putting my clothes on!" He waited so long, he walked away from my door.

After I said what I said, the title sequence began. But because I had coming out and and asking My Fucking Father what the fuck he wants, I totally forgot what the sequence looked like. Is there any place I can see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment