Monday, June 7, 2010

Is My Car Breaking Down Again?

I remember there was a period of about a year several years ago where I had the brake pads replaced and then my radio antenna replaced and then my transmission broke. I really, really thought I needed to junk the car. But it stabilized after I got a new tranny, and it has been working great ever since.

Till recently. Small things, I must admit. The radio antenna doesn't retract; instead it grinds whenever I start the car and whenever I turn the radio on or off. Then I saw the right turn signal click a hell of a lot faster last week; the manual -- and thank Buddha it said something about it -- said this is a sign that the turn signal bulb burned out. But I checked both the front and rear; I can't tell which bulb needs to be replaced.

And today I saw the goddamn oil level light come on. I swear to God I checked my oil on Saturday and put one-tenth of a quart because it was only about that low. And now I have to put more in? Is it just because the car is old, or does the fact the indicator light lit up two days after I added fresh oil mean something more serious?

Fucking swear this is a bad omen. Goddamn, I need this car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment