Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Car's Ruined

I was driving to downtown to get my shoes shined.  I planned on parking at the curb and using coins to feed a meter.  But I came in a little too hot, so hot that I grinded my driver's-side front rim into the curb.  Actually felt like it got stuck and I couldn't move forward or backward.

Finally got myself unstuck, but I heard such a noise up there that I had to check.  And, sure enough, there are huge gouges -- not scratches, gouges -- on the part of the rim that hit the curb.  Goddammit.

The car's now ruined.  It is.  It's been just over a year, maybe 13 months, since I got the car.  And it looks ... used now.  God, I'm such a bad fucking driver.  I continue to do this, and I hate it, but I can't change how careless I am.

But you know, maybe the car's already ruined for real.  It wasn't one month before the car was damaged by hail.  Also, oftentimes I park at the Brit's downtown ramp, and the exit is so steep that I hear a scraping sound underneath my car, so I guess that if I look under it it's all scraped up and shit.  However ... this is the first real visible sign that my car is old.  I don't know if it's obvious, but you don't have to look that closely to see the damage.  Plus, I know it's there, and for the intermediate term it's going to drive me fucking nuts.

Driving to the library close to the house party I could feel as if those gouges is affecting the car's performance.  Part of me thinks that the gouges is causing the aerodynamics with the car to be off, and so it's not as efficient as it was.  Part of me also thinks that I hit the curb so hard that there's something really damaged to the car.  Probably paranoia, though.

Goddamn, this fucking sucks.  Oh, and the worst part of this?  I couldn't get my shoes shined because they closed at 3, not 4.  So I paid 50 cents to park at a place I didn't have to go, and so could have avoided all of this shit.

Man, I need this blowjob so fucking bad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment