Tuesday, May 10, 2016

For the third consecutive night, I fell asleep in the evening well before I wanted to.  And for the second consecutive night, I woke up right in the middle of the night with no way to fall back asleep.  I may be lucky in that I woke up at 4:30 when at this time the previous night I woke up at 2:30.

Yesterday was hard because I had been up, essentially, for 5 1/2 hours just before I started work.  By 3 o'clock my mind was out of it and I was getting extremely cranky.  I don't know how in the hell people who wake up and immediately begin exercising before heading off to work do it.  I'm guessing Adderall.

Regardless, I don't like how my body clock is now.  I anticipate, even with two more hours of sleep, that I am going to fade fast in the afternoon, and I am doing all I can to forestall a repeat of the crap that happened Monday.

I knew around 9 last night that I was fading.  I wanted to hop on the Internet because I had things to do, but my body, for some reason, simply told me that wasn't going to happen.  So I hopped into bed and woke up -- first at 2:30, but then at 4:30 (both according to my watch), so I hope I fell asleep for an extra two hours.  If I didn't, God help me.

This also sucks because all the things I wanted to do on the Internet I haven't done, and since I need to go to work soon I won't have time to do all the things I planned to do.  Those things were the things that kept me up and prevented me from falling back asleep.  It is so damn terrifying to realize that you're up early in the morning and you're still behind.  I now feel guilty for getting a good night's sleep.  I really should have toughed it out because I wouldn't have so much on my plate now and tonight.  But it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment