Saturday, May 14, 2016

Oh, So He Lied To Me

So when I was working for that health insurance company over open enrollment season, I was supervised, lightly, by this rotund, jovial man.  He was as cool of an authority figure as I've ever had -- hands-off, trusting, not suspicious, nice, and knew that we could only do so much.  So that's why, when he said to call him if I ever needed help finding full-time work with the company, that I felt safe that if I called him up, he would answer, or he would at least get back to me.

I've called him twice.  He hasn't returned either of my voicemail.  I actually saw him outside Target Field when the city screened Purple Rain the Saturday after Prince's death; he didn't acknowledge me, although it's possible he didn't recognize me.  That was inbetween cars.  I don't know if he's, like, really busy or something, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he's avoiding me, and that in fact he doesn't give a shit about me.

So if he didn't really want to help me find a job, that he was just bullshitting me and the other two guys I was working with, why did he call us in and say that he wanted to help us?  Is he a liar?

No comments:

Post a Comment