Tuesday, May 24, 2016

OK, Two Days In And This Lunch Ruse Thing Already Isn't Working

Because she loves me -- I know that -- ever since she came home from Las Vegas she has packed food for me to take to work.  It always has consisted of a sandwich, done with love and quite tasty, and fruit, usually a banana.  (Though sometimes I grab the banana on the way out.)  What I usually do is eat the fruit first thing in the morning, then eat the sandwich for lunch after my lunch break while I'm working.

Now that I am not working, it's not necessary.  What I do when I'm not working is go to a coffeeshop close by till lunchtime, then (at least ostensibly) have lunch at either a fast food place or a fancy restaurant, something I can't do while I'm working, then, like, work out or something.  Chores and other things I can only do during the day will (or at least should be -- my goodness, I'm saying "at least" a lot) be sprinkled throughout my forced-upon sabbatical, although I will try and take the odd job here and there.  But I'm not chained to a computer at work, so I can find my own food.

That, of course, can't fly.  If I tell Mother that I don't need food, she'll then ask, "Why don't you?"  And then I either am forced to lie, thus forcing me to keep track of those lies, or I won't be able to tell a lie and they'll know I'm not working, and that raises a whole holy hell of shit about unemployment.

So I will have to keep taking food to go to work in order for them to believe that I am going to work, and I will have no idea when in the day am I not full so I can just eat the food Mother gives me so I can get that out of the way.  And I don't know about you, but eating food that's been in the car for a whole summer day isn't that great.  Take yesterday, for example.  I had to clear up my health insurance in St. Paul, and since I'm not out in St. Paul often, I had lunch there at a good place.  It took me till the late afternoon when I had time to eat the sandwich Mother made for me, at the community center, dead tired, before I planned on working out, in my car.  And the moisture from the deli meat and lettuce sopped into the white bread, so I was putting my fingers on this really squishy bread.  It was alright, and I'm not sick yet, but it was messy, and I don't know if it really is safe to eat a hot sandwich.  Also, in lieu of the banana (because Mother said they weren't ripe yet) she packed grapes and cherries for me.  I had to sit down after my 40 minutes on the elliptical to eat them, just before I went home and had dinner.

So you see that I'm at a crossroads.  I'm trying to do what I can just to get through to next week.  What I wanted to do this morning is surreptitiously leave with the sandwich Mother made but without a banana, so I only have to chow down on one thing instead of two.  But Mother was up in the kitchen early enough this morning where I had to grab a banana before I left.  Man, she wasn't up that early yesterday morning.  I need her (and actually Father too) to sleep in so I can just leave with just a sandwich so I could come back and, if they ask, say, "Whoops!  Sorry, I just totally forgot on my way out!"  But I can't now, so I'll have to find the time today to eat a soggy sandwich and a huge banana while eating a cookie and having a mocha in the morning (at the coffeeshop where I'm writing this now) but before I go to this taste test where I'm not supposed to eat anything a half-hour before it starts, and then after I watch Captain America: Civil War this afternoon.

This is my life, for God's sake.  How can I go on with my life if these are the obstacles I have to overcome during my day?

No comments:

Post a Comment