Saturday, May 7, 2016

So Low-Calorie, It's Water!!!

So I'm about to finish the lemonade I bought about a month ago on a lark some Tuesday night because I wanted to have something to drink at night besides water.  Ironic, isn't it ...

I usually buy the juice that's on sale.  This time around this low-calorie lemonade was one of several items on sale at the same price of $1.50.  Lemonade is tasty, and I see myself naked so I know I could stand to lose some weight, so I bought it.

Cracked it open as soon as I got home because I was just so darn thirsty.  This lemonade says it gives only 15 calories per serving.  Curious, I looked at the list of ingredients.  The first one, and thus the one that comprises more of the item than any other, is "pure filtered water."  The second?  "Lemon juice from concentrate."

Wait a second ... I just bought a product that is majority water?  And so what I'm drinking is lemon-infused water?  I think there's a hotel downtown that offers in their lobby water with a bunch of fruit in them -- limes, strawberries, and lemons.  And they offer those drinks for free.  So basically that's what I bought?  Water with some lemon zest in it?

If that's the case, I might as well buy full, caloric lemonade.  That's something so different no one on earth is going to give away for free, and I wouldn't feel like such a dim nitwit for shelling out good money for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment