Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Need To Mark This First

For the first time in this project, and probably ever, my drive home from work was shorter, much shorter, than the one to work.

This morning my horrid commute was lengthened due to the rain; despite me leaving the house at a decent time, it took me 55 minutes to get to work.  There was no rain coming back, but that has no influence on how excruciatingly long it takes to get home.  The long back-up going north through the heart of downtown, from 35W up through the Lowry Tunnel or through the Midway area and Snelling, does.

Miraculously -- and I do mean miraculously because there is no way this will happen ever again in my lifetime -- the back-up to the tunnel was short.  Very short.  I got home in 50 minutes.  And since I didn't dilly-dally in my car after work (that might be the reason why the back-up was so short, maybe?) I got home just in time to catch the start of the CBS Evening News, first time I've been able to see the start of the national nightly news while working this project.

Record-keeping, this is all this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment