Thursday, April 13, 2017

Person At Work Pissing Me Off, #4: Who's This Weirdo Douchebag Challenging Me?

As I've said before, test scorers are a strange lot.  Guess that's why I feel so much at home.  That being said, like with nearly all the places I've worked, there are a few people who rub me the wrong way.  I've had a few run-ins this season here already, but there is one problem child who is actually in the room with me.

He's a young guy, younger than me.  He sometimes wears his fur hat, and sometimes he wears it douchey.  He sometimes puts his sunglasses on to work.  He talks to his immediate supervisor a lot, like a bitch.  And he gets up a lot, like me.

So a couple weeks ago I'm coming from the break room, fresh from a brain break, with a fresh cup of coffee.  I'm walking slowly so as not to spill on myself.  And then this assholes steams right by me and, as he looks back, says, I think, maybe, "Yeah, you take more breaks than I do!"  And then he said something else.

At that point, I felt that shiver of fear rippling on my skin.  This fucker just called me out for taking too many breaks!  The fucking nerve of this asshole!!  Like it's his business how many times I need to stand up and read the paper!!!  And now this stranger dickhead who's challenging me is working in the same room as I am???  My God.

OK, I have to admit that when he said this I had my earplugs on, so he may not have said what I thought he said.  Or, he did try to crack a joke.  But ... well, it's too late, because I gave him a stare that from my point-of-view was one of intimidation but from his could have been one of anger.  And he hasn't spoken to me since.  So ... maybe he thinks I think he's a dick.  Which I do.  Even though that could be a mistake.

(sigh) Whatever, man, it's probably best just to avoid him.

No comments:

Post a Comment