Saturday, April 22, 2017

Phew, Didn't See Him Yesterday ... Am I Overreacting?

I was girding myself for a potential fistfight -- and preying to Buddha and God and all the deities above that this guy wouldn't bring a gun -- with ... oh, I won't mention him by name anymore.  I didn't have to worry, though, at least yesterday (Friday); he didn't show up.  He has taken many days off for the project.  I thought that was illegal.

And since I did not see him last Saturday, I will hope (cross fingers) that he won't show up for work today.  That means I'll have back-to-back days where he won't "accidentally" run into me or some bullshit.  Now, he'll sure as hell be back Monday, at which case I'll have two, maybe three, weeks in which I'll do my best to avoid his punk ass.

Saying that ... well, I wonder if I ... may have taken his action in the way it wasn't intended.  Is it possible that he thought that no one was behind me, therefore he thought he should shut the security door?  Or maybe he just otherwise didn't intend to slam the door behind me because, well, he's weird?  And about him yelling at me a couple weeks ago when I had my earplugs in and therefore couldn't make out what he really was saying; maybe he was trying to make a joke with me?

Is it possible, maybe, that I could in fact be overreacting to this?  If so, well ... first of all, this guy may in fact be afraid of me, and therefore will try and avoid me for the rest of the project.  That would be great; I don't need to make more friends here.  Also, maybe my supervisors' (both of them) course of action of just monitoring and telling me to tell them the next time something happens from him is the right thing to do -- assuming, of course, they haven't told him yet.  If they did, all hell might break loose.

However ... if nothing else comes from this, I am starting to wonder if this was, in fact, a mistake.  I mean, how would this look from my end if nothing even close to passive-aggressive comes from this guy for the rest of the project?  How would I look in that case?  Probably like a screaming ninny who has to run to Daddy and Mommy every time something bad happens to him.  Or, worse, a liar.  They probably spoke to each other and like, "What the fuck is he talking about?"  That's always how it turns out, doesn't it?  You think some asshole is crazy enough that you report him to authorities, and it turns out that the only person the authorities will report on ... is you, the person who complains.

You know, maybe I did overreact.

Nah.  Bullshit.  He knew what he was doing.

Or did he?  Do I know what I'm doing?

Did I do the wrong thing?

You know, after complaining about suddenly deputized immediate supervisors, maybe this is Strike 2.  Which means that, maybe, I should go back to school.  You know, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment