Sunday, February 4, 2018

Focus. Focus. Focus.

I want to talk about the babes who are in town who I want to see but probably won't be able to see (one of them actually defriended me -- bad move to do that when we possibly could run into each other tonight, you dope), or how some of the people I work with are being slightly annoying, or how much damn snow is falling at precisely the wrong time, or how I ate Taco Bell on my way home and am afraid I'm going to take a huge shit when I have to leave for work in the morning.

I might talk about those things at some other time.  But right now I have to just focus on work.  Working what is one of the biggest sporting events on Planet Earth, and probably the biggest sporting event I will ever witness in my lifetime.  I still don't want to screw this up.  And I hope to Buddha above I get to be in there for the game.

Oh, I will say this.  Probably against all good reason, I will be wearing a suit for the game.  I will be walking outside in the snow and I might have to carry heavy equipment.  But I will be doing those things while wearing a suit.  For the same reasons I outlined above, I believe it to be appropriate.  I certainly won't just put any old shit on to go to work, because this is no ordinary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment