Saturday, February 3, 2018

OK, So About That Previous Blog Post?/Blogger Bug?

The thing is, I wanted to post-date it.  I finished it near the end of last night, but I wanted to Schedule it for 2:30 this (Saturday) morning because I wanted to make sure I had a daily post for today/Saturday as I head off to the Super Bowl.  But I forgot, and so it published when I got done with it, which was, like, 15 minutes before midnight.  So I had two posts for yesterday, which I didn't plan.

So here's where it gets interesting.  Once I realized that the blog post had been posted for the world to see, I tried to take it back.  I tried to re-Schedule it for about 2:45 into the future.  So I clicked on Edit, clicked on Schedule on the right side of the Blogger screen, and scheduled it.  I actually thought it worked, that no one saw me publish it, then take it back for future publishing.  But I was foiled.  One, some dude (more like a bot from Russia) already looked at it, so retracting it may have been too late to retract it before a "person" saw it.  And two, I saw that there wasn't a special "Scheduled" note next to that blog post.  It was time-stamped 2:30 a.m., even though by this point it was, like, ten minutes to midnight.  And then I Viewed it to see my blog the same way you people see my blog, and that blog post was dated Saturday the 3rd at a time of 2:30 a.m.  In other words ... I POSTED INTO THE FUTURE!!!

You can't post into the future, of course.  But you shouldn't really time-stamp for a time in the future either, right?  So how come I could circumvent that by immediately publishing it, then deciding to publish it for a future date?  That seems like a bug of some sort.  Either allow me to pull back a post and Schedule it so that people can't see that blog post until the time I specify, or don't allow me to pull a post back at all.  At any rate, I now have to make sure I blog post for today.  Then again, me mixing up the blog post that was supposed to be for today gave me a reason to blog post today.

You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment