Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fucking Overpaid For My Subway

Ah, God, this shit pisses me off.

I decide to eat fast food last (Wednesday) night, and I wanted to use one of my coupons that I've collected through the mail.  The one expiring the quickest was the Subway one, so I go there to eat.

I had two coupons.  I did not use the one that gets me a six-inch for three bucks; I use the one that gets me a footlong for six bucks instead, because I figure I can eat one half that evening and another half for dinner on a night I don't want to spend money.  So I peruse the bright menu in this bright new Subway (the place looks good) and get a sub that gives me the most bang for my buck.  It was a tie; several footlongs were eight bucks.  So I chose the Cold Cut Combo because of its three meats.  I kind of regretted it because the guy ahead of me had an order of four footlongs, all needing to be toasted, there was a family behind me, there were only two people working, and a Cold Cut Combo meant that the girl had to roll up three different kinds of meats -- as opposed to the similarly-priced Roast Beef, which, obviously, is only piece of meat.

I later regretted getting the sub for another reason.  While watching the Olympics (Mikaela Shiffrin -- GOAT) a commercial for Subway came on.  And it advertised five different footlongs for five bucks apiece.  One of them was, you guessed it, the Cold Cut Combo.

I did not see this offer in the store.  Neither employee mentioned it.  And yet I used my coupon for a sub to pay six bucks when I really should have only paid five.  Any other of the subs I thought about I should have taken because I don't think any of those subs are currently on sale for five bucks.  I screwed myself (with the help of other people and other forces) out of a buck that I should not have given.

Yes, it's just a dollar.  But since I overpaid by a dollar, I am mad as fucking hell, I really am.  So I went online to that customer service website every fast food restaurant gives on their receipt and I told them as much.  And I think I'm going to raise a damn stink about this until I get my dollar back or a coupon for a free sub or something, because I got fucked over, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment