Friday, February 16, 2018

Where Did This Aggression Come From?

Looking back on yesterday (Thursday), I was passive-aggressive, defensive and confrontational, and I don't know why.

In the morning I had to get up early because I had physical therapy.  Of course I stumbled out of the house late, and so I got to my appointment late.  I still had to fill out a form when my therapist told me to come into the room, and he mentioned that "we were late."  I believed that he implied that it was my fault for running late, so I got exasperated and apologized defensively.  That's when I realized that I need his help in healing my back and so I apologized sincerely, and he said he was sorry if he sounded like a nag.  OK, we're straight.

Coming home from work I altered my drive because there was an asshole driver who I had to cut off in order to merge onto a highway.  I then thought he was going to go to the same exit as I was, so I went to the next exit over.  I then got stuck behind two slow cars while making a left turn.  I went over to the left, faster lane, thinking that I could pass them because they were taking a side street.  They didn't, I screamed, "Shit!" and I merged inbetween the two, leaving very little room both ahead and behind me.  I'm glad that the car behind me didn't travel down the same street I did, because he then would have known where I live.

Where did this aggression come from?  There's nothing in my life right now that's weighing on my mind.  Parents are gone and not in my hair.  Work is going well.  I'm not constipated or anything.  Today is the Chinese New Year -- Happy New Year, by the way.  And I've got a big dick.  I did snap during the situations when I was in both of them.  But beyond that, what am I so angry about?

I think I was born angry.  I think that's the answer.  Well, that and there are a couple other relatively trivial things I could say have been bothering me.  I might blog post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment