Friday, February 2, 2018

I'm Starting To Get A Little Nervous About Working The Big Game

Since it's Friday, and I'm supposed to start working for these guys tomorrow, I've stopped poking around the edges and started asking people I maybe should not ask just the what the hell I'm supposed to do.  Already I got admonished by someone on the crew about asking the wrong person.  Great, I've already made a bad impression on a guy whom I haven't even met yet.

There are a lot of things I still don't know.  Where's the truck?  Where will I be stationed?  Where can I park Saturday?  Can I just walk up to the stadium tomorrow like I usually do for Vikings games?  And in the meantime I have been told things that I am not sure is the full story.  Is there going to be a shuttle on Sunday?  Am I allowed to work all around the stadium without interference?  How is security going to work Sunday, anyhow?  Too many variables for both an experience I don't want to screw up and a job the details of which I should know by now but don't.

And since these people are new to me, I have no idea if they're going to be jerks or not.  Are they going to throw me outside of the truck for the Super Bowl?  Will I be run ragged by stupid demands?  Do they think I will do light industrial work?  Are they going to yell at me all day?  Will I be ordered not to watch the game inside?  Too many things that I don't know, and I don't like that.

So after I blog post this, I'm going to e-mail a guy who I think is the person I'll be answering to.  Even though I don't work tonight, and even though there might not be anyone there, I want to come down to the stadium to figure out where in the hell the truck is and, if possible, finally introduce (and hopefully ingratiate) myself to this crew.  Better now than tomorrow, especially if I get really lost around the stadium.  I think it's the professional thing to do, and I hope the people I'll be working for are professional enough to understand.

Because if not, well, this Super Bowl experience is going to be an awful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment