Sunday, February 25, 2018

Have I Bitched About Our Gas Can Yet? I Don't Think So, So I Will Now

We have a 5 gal. gas can to fill up our snowblower and lawnmower.  Father somehow found an old-school gas can -- beat-up, metal, and doesn't have a long spout like modern-day, plastic cans do.  Something like this is what we have.

And it pisses me the fuck off.  Because there isn't a long spout (like this one), I'm fucking spilling gas all over the tanks -- the lawnmower in the summer, the snowblower in the winter.  It got really bad yesterday, when I tried to fill up the snowplow before the blizzard really came.  It got off to the side and onto the garage floor, but not inside the snowplow.  And that shit will probably happen again after I get done with this blog post and finally plow the over six inches we got last night.

I really should buy a new gas can before they come home.  I understand and respect vintage stuff.  And as a gas can, it does its job of holding gas.  I don't think it's leaking or anything.  But its job is to dispense from itself into a machine, and it just isn't doing that.  And so I need to get something that can dispense without spilling and wasting all the gas we bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment