Sunday, February 18, 2018

I Ached Like I Never Ached Before, I Think

Yep, it was the flu.  After I wrote what I wrote yesterday, all I could do, instead of get up and go to the bank or exercise, was lie in my bed and think.  The inflammatory aches got worse through the morning and afternoon.  Combine that with my dry throat, the tightening in my stomach (thought about using my Culver's coupon, but nah, not hungry), the burgeoning nausea and me shitting water a few times, and yep, I know what this was.  Had to cancel Can Can Wonderland last night, and I'm not going to get Grandmother's best friend sick today.

The last time I felt this sick was Christmas Eve 2015.  I started feeling it at work.  Went to Hooters to see my ATF there, and it took me a long time to eat my wings.  I gutted out what I felt to go out with my friend, who had a coupon for a free meal downtown at the now-shuttered The Pint, but my appetite wasn't there, a sure sign of the flu.  Wanted to go to Merlins Rest Pub afterward; I was out cold for, like, twelve hours instead.

I remember walking around with my friend that evening at how my joints hurt so bad.  I probably thought then what I thought yesterday -- I have never felt this much pain before.  I probably feel that way whenever I have the flu.  But I'll say this: I don't remember tossing and turning in my bed every minute because I hurt so bad like I did most of yesterday and last night.

Sleep always seems to make things better, and even though I got about just eight hours of sleep last night (if I'm sick I usually sleep more), much of the inflammation is gone.  My plumbing is no longer leaking, I'm generating saliva again, and even though I'm not hungry, I feel like I could eat something if I want.  (I don't think I lost weight, a result of getting sick.  I actually wish I did.)  I think I can stay at home and eat salad today, just to make sure.  I'm just glad the aches and pains are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment