Monday, January 6, 2020

The Strip Club Diaspora

So tonight -- after I blog post this -- I will venture out to the only strip club in St. Paul.  That is where, according to one of the girls from, uh, the former place, most of the strippers from said former place have migrated to.  In several ways the clubs are the same, but in some ways they definitely are not.  There is no cover ... except Thursdays through Sundays.  There are lap dances ... but they are, if I recall correctly, fully clothed.  And there is a stage ... but the dancers are enclosed behind a glass wall, as if we're seeing large and dangerous animals locked behind a cage in a zoo.

I have been to this place in St. Paul, but a long, long time ago.  I found the stage to be too ridiculous to have fun.  And despite all the assumptions that the old place was dangerous, it is this place in St. Paul where a man was shot to death a couple years ago after the perpetrator shot into the club from the outside.  Now that I type that, I have no idea why in the hell I'm going there.  But *****y texted me, and I want to keep in touch with the babes I became friends with/gotten jobs from.

Other than this place, there are (counting) ... uh ... four other places strippers from the old place have told me they are working at now.  They most likely charge cover, which is a deterrent to me visiting them with a frequency anywhere close to the old place.  Three of those places are downtown, and so parking is going to be a hassle.  (One place is at the heart of downtown Minneapolis that has proven to be a bit more dangerous over the past several months.)  The other place is My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Division); I have an ATF there already, only one other babe (AFAIK) is now working there, and that's about 45 miles away ... and they charge cover.

There were many things to like about the old place -- hot, smart women showing off their breasts; the relatively cheap drinks; the bar vibe where people just let you be; the free parking; the proximity to home; and, like I said, no cover.  If there is a place that gives me all those plusses, that place will become My Home Away From Home.  But that ain't ever gonna happen.  And so, if I want to keep up my relationships with these strippers (and I do), I will need to bite the bullet and travel far and dodge bullets in order to see them again.

However, I was kind of hoping that with my old Home Away From Home gone, I could finally be rid of, or at least relieved of, a vice that was costing me money.  Sure, I had fun.  But I didn't have an excuse to throw dollars at women now that this place is closed and dead.  I do want to see my stripper girlfriends, but not if I am spending the same amount of money as before -- and I sure as hell ain't gonna spend more.  Well, maybe on stripper parties, but that's a completely different animal.

Bottom line: These adjustments are going to lead to choices and sacrifices.  Do I keep spending money?  Or do I start saying goodbye to the women I let into my life?  I really don't know how it's all going to pan out.  But I start finding out what my decision is going to be tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment