Thursday, January 23, 2020

A Little Wine

Drinking a bottle of wine because ... well, I might flesh out the reason some other time.  Anyway, I had a glass to go with leftovers from the dinner I had at my aunt's place back on Saturday, which was an early Chinese New Year's dinner.  And since I had an early shift yesterday, and I didn't take a nap after I got home from work, I was hoping that the wine, you know, would make me sleepy.

And it did.  Ate my dinner late, around 8:30, maybe a little later.  Got done, felt, uh, dizzy, around 9:30, so I went to bed.  Woke up at 4:30, according to my watch, but I went back to bed, and before I knew it, I heard my alarm at 6.

So the wine did its job.  And you know what else knocks you out good?  NyQuil.  I don't think I need it, even though I've felt sort-of foggy a couple times so far this winter.  But really, if you take it, it'll knock you out cold for a good night's sleep.  It's probably not good to be dependent on wine and NyQuil to go to sleep, but it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment