Friday, January 31, 2020

Can't Sugarcoat It -- Today's Been A Bad Day

The traitors of the Russia Party in the Senate just voted to not hear witnesses.  The vote was 51-49.  Lamar Alexander of Tennessee said no.  I didn't know I should have been upset about his vote until last night, but there you have it.  There was a very small chance the vote could've gone 50-50, thus punting the decision to Chief Justice John Roberts, but Lisa Murkowski let Roberts off the hook by saying no this morning.  Trump will be acquitted scot-free, and then he'll feel the power to do anything he wants.

Oh, and at 5 o'clock Central Time the United Kingdom officially left the European Union.  The racists and the stupid won ... with the help of Russian interference and, I still believe, vote-rigging.  There are a lot of British who are sad, but I have to be honest: I want the EU to punish the UK for this move - tariffs, delays in shipments, making UK visits wait a long time in EU airports, everything.  (There are already deals in place that essentially keep the same rules as they were when the UK was in the EU, which is bullshit even though both sides want a "smooth transition period" [wanking motion].)  They can't get away with this.  Oh, and Scotland and Northern Ireland should throw a tantrum in order to leave England.

Finally, something personal.  I heard just before I left work that a co-worker was fired.  I liked working with her, even though (circling back to politics) she's a MAGAt.  I was told she was canned because of "attendance issues."  What does that mean?  I saw her at work all the time.

So yeah, today's been a bad day, a very bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment